Blended learning is a well known model for effective teaching. In this workshop we will explore blended learning in detail encompassing:
- Decoding blended learning models using contemporary research and seeing its application as schools reopen***
- Student experiences that promote agency and personalised pathways via mastery based learning
- Evaluating curriculum needs when planning for a hybrid model
- Assessing the impact of blended learning on students in order to develop support strategies and tools for them
Session 1 : What does blended learning mean for schools, teachers and students? How does one implement it to optimise the learning experience? In this workshop, we will explore different models of blended learning and dive into key issues that impact students, teachers, and schools. We will explore potential hybrid blended models as we resume schools.
Session 2: Participants will be able to live the attributes of blended learning in this workshop. Pedagogies will be shared to promote and support blended learning models. Micro Teaching models and examples from schools will be shared.
Session 3: Through a hand-on approach this course will culminate in participants prototyping their own blended learning models and units/assessments linked to it.
- Improving learner engagement by increasing student agency and personalised learning pathways
- Making learning more exciting for learners by using multi media content and pedagogies
- Moving the focus from implementation to the specific needs of each learner.