Storytelling is a skill every educator must grasp and master. Storytelling is a performing art and so is teaching. Every time a teacher is in front of a class, she is performing a piece. When we visualise as an artist rather than as a mere disseminator of information, we will be able to bring in the interest and connect into our teaching practice. We will also see how storytelling helps our lessons in an engaging manner, taking students along a fantastical path of learning and discovery as the story unfolds.The participants will participate in activites and empathise with the characters, predict the ending, come up with alternate versions, question the plot.
What will I learn?
1. How to tell a story(elements)
2. Stories for integrated Learning
3. Story based Planning and assessment
How will I use it?
1. Incorporate story telling in your teaching as a pedagogy
2. Understand how to integrate stories and develop a multi-disciplinary approach to teaching
3. Use stories both as process and product
What difference will it make in my life?
1. You will be able to kindle creativity in my students
2. More engaging classes will lead to happy classrooms
3. Discovery based and competency based learning can be promoted in my subjects
4. Will be a progressive teacher