Aditya Birla Education Academy focuses on providing educators with learning opportunities to pursue their ambitions and boost their career growth.
It has been a year of online teaching-learning and teachers everywhere have struggled with replicating learning, enhancing student engagement and measuring learning in the virtual space. While we have used and created online resources, found new ways to have homework submitted and corrected and even e-invigilated assessments; one resource we have not explored and utilized to its potential is each child's own home and family. Can we as teachers and educators design offline learning experiences to focus on the skill-based outcomes while using resources and experiences at home (no matter what the social-economic background of the child)? This workshop focuses on processes and ideas for the same.
What Will I Learn?
- How to identify resources within the home and family
- How to create home-based assignments and experiences
- How to asses learning that happens at home
How Will I use it?
- By integrating home-based learning experiences and tools into my own lesson plan
- By creating age-appropriate projects
- By assessing the learning through the use of skill-focused rubrics and descriptors
What Difference will it make in my life?
- Learning in my class will be contextual and meaningful to the students' lives
- Learning will focus on skill-based outcomes and measurable
- Learning will also strengthen the connections student has with the teacher, the curriculum and the home