Aditya Birla Education Academy focuses on providing educators with learning opportunities to pursue their ambitions and boost their career growth.
Certificate Course in Instructional Leadership:
A series of 7 leadership workshops for middle leaders, heads of department, co-ordinators, middle-level administrators, and anyone with middle-level decision-making responsibility
The CCIL course from the Aditya Birla Training Academy addresses the needs and aspirations of schools across India; to help them develop as centers of excellence in learning and teaching.
During our seven workshops, you will be coached through the key areas of effective middle leadership. Each workshop will introduce relevant new learning, explore models of effective practice; and apply everything learned to your own school context.
Each 2-hour workshop will focus on one key area of quality middle leadership:
1. Workshop 1: What makes an excellent middle leader – Middle leaders is the engine room of any school; they work with teachers to ensure great learning happens. This session explores the knowledge, skills, and behaviours middle leaders need to develop in order to secure real impact.
2. Workshop 2: Developing your leadership style – Great leadership looks like lots of different things. The most effective leaders can adapt their leadership style to match the person, situation, or issue they are dealing with. This session focuses on helping leaders to develop their leadership style to get the best out of themselves and others.
3. Workshop 3: Leading Change - We know that leaders make the weather in a school. The culture and climate in a school are important in terms of creating the conditions for success. This session explores what leaders can do to create a culture and climate of excellence within their area of responsibility.
4. Workshop 4: Leading people – how to have difficult conversations. Whether you are an experienced middle leader or new to middle leadership, having difficult conversations is something that can keep you awake at night. This session explores what makes difficult conversations so hard and provides practical strategies and approaches for success.
5. Workshop 5: Leading Teaching - Great teaching looks like lots of different things but what does the latest research tell us about what works best? This session draws on the latest research about great teaching and supports middle leaders to think about how they can put it into practice in their areas of responsibility.
6. Workshop 6: The Science of Learning - Through cognitive science, we know more than we ever knew before about how children learn. We know that they are capable of far more than we traditionally thought possible. This session explores how middle leaders can translate what we know about how children learn into best practices in the classroom.
7. Workshop 7: Evaluation and Impact - School evaluation is integral to school improvement because schools need to know where they are and what they need to do to get better. This session explores what effective and accurate evaluation looks like and how evidence and data should inform our judgments.
8. Evaluation project - In a project of about 1,500 words evaluate how one or more of the leadership training workshops has helped you develop your middle leadership.
1. To help you develop into a highly effective leadership coach ready to lead and develop excellent teaching and learning in your school.
2. Explore models of best practice in the core leadership skills of situational leadership, leading change, leading people, leading teaching, the science of learning, and measuring impact and effectiveness.
3. Work with internationally accredited experts to develop your own coaching style through mentor-led workshops
4. Witness improvement in the quality of learning and teaching through structured coaching across your school.
Each of the workshops will be live and there will be opportunities for Q&A during each one. The timing of each of the seven modules is spread across a period of two months to allow you the opportunity to apply to learn from each module in your school.