This Pre-Olympiad Mathematics is a 2-month long program specially curated for students in Class 7 and 8.
It is designed to ignite interest in mathematics in the young mind. The students are exposed to non-standard problems and concepts that require deep meditation with reasoning.
The program creates a foundation and mindset for advanced Math Olympiad training. It leads to American Math Competition, NMTC, PRMO and similar contests worldwide.
Elementary Number Theory:
- Advanced Pigeon Hole Principle in Geometry
- Advanced Pigeon Hole Principle in Number Theory
- Alternations and Partitioning
- Odd and Even, Parity
- Coprime, LCM, GCD
- Modular Arithmetic Introduction
- Modular Arithmetic, Calendar Problems
- Harder problems on Integers
- Preparation for Math Olympiad standard contests
- Foundational concepts and problems beyond school curriculum
- Help a child fall in love with mathematics and exposure to problems that cannot be done just using formulas.
This advanced program in mathematics is created by olympians and researchers from premier universities in India and abroad. The creator team consists of:
- Dr. Ashani Dasgupta, PhD in mathematics from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Srijit Mukherjee, BStat and MStat from Indian Statistical Institute
- Dr. Sankhadip Chakraborty, PhD in mathematics from IMPA
- AR Sricharan, Chennai Mathematical Institute, University of Vienna
- Raghunath, IIT Chennai
December: 17, 18, 22, 23, 29, 30
January: 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
February: 4 & 5
Students in Grades 7 & 8