This Pre-Olympiad Mathematics is a 2-month long program specially curated for students in Class 3 and 4.
It is designed to ignite interest in mathematics in the young mind. The students are exposed to non-standard problems and concepts that require deep meditation with reasoning.
The program creates a foundation and mindset for advanced Math Olympiad training. It leads to Math Kangaroo, American Math Competition and similar contests worldwide.
- Paper folding geometry, Net of a Cube, Paper Model of a cube
- Making a cube in GeoGebra, drawing points, line segments and polygons
- Net of a Tetrahedron, Paper Model of a Tetrahedron
- Implementing Tetrahedron in GeoGebra, drawing points, line segments and polygons
- Pseudo Games and Symmetry
- Winning Position and algorithms
- Tournament of Towns styled deductive reasoning problems
- Constructions and weighings
- Preparation for Math Olympiad standard contests
- Foundational concepts and problems beyond school curriculum
- Help a child fall in love with mathematics and exposure to problems that cannot be done just using formulas
This advanced program in mathematics is created by olympians and researchers from premier universities in India and abroad. The creator team consists of:
- Dr. Ashani Dasgupta, PhD in mathematics from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Srijit Mukherjee, BStat and MStat from Indian Statistical Institute
- Dr. Sankhadip Chakraborty, PhD in mathematics from IMPA
- AR Sricharan, Chennai Mathematical Institute, University of Vienna
- Raghunath, IIT Chennai
December: 17, 18, 22, 23, 29, 30
January: 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
February: 4 & 5
Students in Grades 3 & 4