The following 3 areas can be focused on while working on the socio-emotional development of a child:
- Watch & Learn
- Positive reinforcement of good behaviour
To be able to work on the above 3 areas, it is important for teachers to first get trained on the same. Investing in good teacher training workshops helps teachers stay abreast with changes that are taking place in the classrooms. Today's schools are increasingly multicultural and multilingual with students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds. Educators work with students with different motivation levels for engaging in learning, behaving positively, and performing academically. Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) aims to provide a foundation for safe and positive learning, enhancing the students' ability to succeed in school, career, and life. SEL is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, demonstrate empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
These online teacher training programs should be conducted for k-12 teachers, coordinators, school leaders, special educators and school counsellors on a regular basis. A teacher working on her/his own socio-emotional skills will be able to contribute to the socio-emotional development of a child more effectively. The online teacher training program offered by Aditya Birla Education Academy on SEL in the classroom focuses on the following areas:
- Increase educators’ awareness, knowledge, and skills regarding Social and Emotional Learnin
- Promote collaboration between educators, community and family to address the Social and Emotional Learning competencies of all students
- Enhance knowledge of educational practices that promote Social and Emotional Learning
- Provide tools and resources to educators to help improve students’ Social and Emotional skills
To know more about these programs, please write to email@example.com or call on +91 8424061377.