Global education courses have the following advantages:
- Curriculum: The curriculum of global courses is regularly updated as against the traditional teacher training programs which have been using the same syllabus for decades now. It is important for the curriculum to evolve with the changing times and include relevant modules that are required by teachers to stay relevant in the classroom. The curriculum for global online teacher training courses is usually updated annually and is done by faculty from across the globe sharing their best practises ensuring teachers can create a better shared future for their students.
- Global Perspective: Global education courses by virtue of their name are required to have a “global” perspective in their curriculum. This is done by inclusion of best practices from different countries, multicultural facilitators, etc. Some courses also include factors such as sustainability, environment management and details about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. When children discuss and try to understand concepts on environment management and SDGs they toy with ideas that get them thinking globally, being open minded and open to diversity in all things. Children are then equipped to connect their understanding of sustainability to real-world problems that can help them broaden their horizons. This makes it important for schools and teachers to embed the SDGs within their curricular framework and classroom teaching.
- Approach: Traditional teacher training courses lay emphasis on concepts that have existed for many years now. While this may be a good foundational course, it is important for teachers to learn using new approaches, which they can also use with their students. Project based learning, case study based practical real life problem solving, etc are some approaches commonly used by global education courses to teach concepts. These methodologies also work well with students.
- Flexibility: Global education courses are usually held online and on weekends. They have a self-paced component which helps teachers learn anytime and anywhere. This flexibility is not available in a few traditional teacher training programs which require teachers to take time off their professional schedules and come to a physical space to learn.
- Assessments: Teacher training courses usually have summative assessments at the end of every semester. Global education courses on the other hand focus on self-reflective assignments at the end of every concept/module. Global education courses include a practicum based component of internships where teachers can test their skills in the classroom. This additionally helps teachers reflect on their learning and conceptual understanding.
Impact of changing times on teaching methods. Find the best teacher training institute
Reasons why teacher training is the need of the hour. Avail of online teacher training workshops.
What are the eligibility criteria for a post-graduate diploma in global education?